This page was last updated on: April 9, 1998
Computers/ Electronic Games/ Gaming
- Computer/ IT NEWS: IT Industry news, companies, developments, newsbytes.
- ComputerWire: IT news service.
- Information Week
- InfoNation Magazine: user's guide to forward technology and the emerging computer culture.
- inSight inFormation: on-line source of technical market opinion.
- Internet PC Review: online extension of the print editions, Dayton PC Review, Cincy PC Review, and Columbus PC Review serving central and Southwestern Ohio. Includes first hand reviews of software and hardware products, articles and columns, up-to-date computing world news and other stuff.
- IT Update:
free weekly analysis of the new developments in IT, with specific interest in Belgium, the Netherlands and the rest of Europe.
- Online World: monthly publication for computer users of all persuasions with daily news updates.
- NetCetera: quick weekly update on new resources, applications, and services on the Internet.
- The Online World Monitor: newsletter that tracks changes and trends in the Internet world.
- PC Week: IT industry news for the UK.
- Phrack: covering all facets of the Computer Underground. Information source for operating systems, bugs, telephony and the world-wide hacker culture.
- PC Magazine: Read about news, reviews, and what's going on in the PC world.
- The Register: Daily newsfeed on the computing industry - four years old this year. Written by three UK journalists.
- WinUser magazine: detailed reviews, news, information, columns and more.
- 21st: focusing on technology convergence, including: audio/video systems & content, computers, the Web, molecular computing, and human consciousness.
- adobe.mag: semimonthly published by Adobe Systems Incorporated for users of its software products and others involved with digital/online publishing and digital media.
- AIXtra....OnLine: AIXtra magazine--technical support to UNIX and AIX professionals and for those using RS/6000.
- Amiga Report Magazine: focuses on Commodore and Amiga Technologies lines of Amiga computers.
- Amputek Publications: amateur e-zine.
- Apple Directions Express: twice a month official word from Apple Computer, Inc about developments and other stuff.
- Bearpark: publishers of the Microsoft Systems Journal and Visual Basic Magazine.
- Boardwatch Magazine: information source for BBS sysops.
- BigSky MacEzine: created by B-smug (Big-Sky Mac User Group) in Billings, Montana, USA, to keep Macintosh users up-to-date on the latest software: freeware, shareware, commercialware, and Internet related topics, web-sites.
- Breakthrough!: technophilia newsletter on important developments in science and technology.
- BugNet Online: monthly journal of solutions to computer bugs, glitches and incompatibilities.
- cc:Browser: technical zine about converging technologies. With product reviews, updates, company profiles and a gossip column.
- CD ROM Now: graphics, handy help and top games for the PC.
- ChaTcIRCuiT IRC WebZine: dedicated to IRC,(Internet Relay Chat) with articles, stories, interviews, commentary, tech help, advice column and other things.
- CED Magic: devoted to Capacitance Electronic Discs (CED), a consumer video format marketed by RCA in the 1980's.
- Coming Soon Magazine: reviews, previews, and screenshots of games for IBM PC and compatibles, 3DO, Sega Saturn & Genesis, and the Sony Playstation.
- Commodore Hacking: technical programming on all Commodore 8-bit computers.
- The Communique OnLine: monthly on the world of Star Trek-based Role Playing Gaming (RPG) Simulations.
- Computer Buyer: UK edition for the global off-the-page buyer.
- Computer Currents Interactive.
- The Computer Paper.
- Computer Life: links from the Magazine and more.
- Computer Weekly News and vacancies from the UK's IT weekly
- Computing OnLine The Desktop/Mainframe industry magazine
- ComputingToday: net version of the magazine.
- Computer Underground Digest: information and debates.
- Computer-Mediated Communication Magazine: people, events, applications, and research
related to computer-mediated communication (CMC).
- Computer Entertainment Ireland
- CPU: Working in the Computer Industry: shares information among workers in the computer industry.
- Crossroads: The ACM Student Magazine.
- DBMS Magazine: tools and strategies for information system professionals.
- DSP Siteings: Monthly review of useful on-line Digital Signal Processing (DSP) resources. DSP Siteings' resources show leaders of technology companies how to implement DSP technology in their products effectively and painlessly.
- DT&G: The Electronic Journal of Design, Type & Graphics. Online publication of design, desktop publishing, signmaking, visual communications.
- DV live: interactive online zine for Digital Media Professionals.
- Dr. Dobbs Journal: programming magazine.
- Elektra: Digitas' dynamic electronic magazine on emerging technologies.
- Epub News: authoring, marketing, publishing with Acrobat, Envoy, HTML, WinHelp, et al.
- Extreme Edge: on-line magazine with video game information.
- eZONE: news anf features
journal for Mac users in Dutch.
- FreePlay Multiplayer Internet Gaming Newsletter: biweekly newsletter that reports on the latest/newest ways to play multiplayer games on the internet for free (or as close to free as possible, legally). Covers all game types from Play By Email to joystick twitchers like Quake. We also feature the latest industry news from various sources that affect multiplayer gaming. All old issues are archived at the
- Game Bytes: reviews, interviews, reports and actual screen shots from games.
- Games First! Internet Magazine: on-line magazine for anyone who plays computer games.
- Game Over!: monthly internet-based games magazine with reviews, screen shots, hints, tips.
- The Game Review.
- Game Zero Magazine: video game information on the web, including news, reviews, feature articles, videos, comics, game codes.
- Globetrotter: all aspects of technology and the "techno-culture."
- High Technology Careers Magazine: high-tech recruitment magazine. Lists over 15,000 high-tech career opportunities, over 500 employers, a resume posting service, High Technology Careers Magazine, Westech CareerExpo event schedule, resume searching, and other stuff.
- Influx Digital Journal: with photos and quicktime movies (in mpeg and quicktime format).
- InnovatioNS: online
Nova Scotia magazine about the province's technology industries. With
updates on Nova Scotia's technology community, upcoming events, ongoing discussion groups, and a fully searchable database.
- Internet Digest: for webmasters, HTML programmers, corporate web page designers and netsurfers in general.
- IWay News: weekly German magazine that covers general computing themes like Software, Hardware, Software Development and the Internet.
- jrm&aFLUX magazine: technology and society, including infor for entrepreneurs, multimedia authors, activists, and Macintosh and HyperCard users.
- Kids Gaming: with reviews, hints, challenges, Q&A, occasional industry gossip, and editorial comments.
- Las Vegas Computer Journal: online version of Las Vegas Computer Journal, with daily news updates, computer news, hardware/software/game reviews, tips and tricks,
how-to files, free classified ads, Las Vegas computer shopping guide, computer humor, speakers corner and reader submissions.
- Lockergnome Online: Free e-mail newsletter for Windows 95/NT or Mac OS users, with information about software, web sites, themes, fonts, updates and patches, tips and tricks, news and more.
- The Mac Links Record Book: an e-zine created for the purpose of chronicling the top scores at each course available for the popular Macintosh computer golf simulation, Links Pro Mac by Access Software.
- Mac Net Journal: interactive zine for Macintosh users who want to make the most of their net-use, downloads, and Macintosh computers. With topics from software reviews to general trends in computing.
- Mac*Chat: weekly
electronic newsletter biased toward Mac users who are production-oriented professionals.
- MacInPlay (MIP): e-zine, in Italian and English, which talks about Macintosh video games.
- MacZine: software reviews.
- mobilis: the mobile computing lifestyle magazine. Features interviews, tutorials, reviews, and opinion concerning all aspects of PDAs, wireless communication, and mobile peripherals.
- Multimedia Now Magazine: Israel's Leading Multimedia Magazine. Includes an English Virtual Issue, with submitted articles and links to the like from around the world.
- NCT Web Magazine: for small and home office users. Features in-depth coverage of desktop publishing, graphics, CAD, fax, communications, electronic document preparation, multimedia.
- NT Advantage: Windows NT-dedicated e-zine.
- Net Contractor: magazine for computer contractors.
- NetWorks: informational magazine focusing on business, and how the Internet can be utilized as a marketing tool by business.
- NewtNews: weekly Internet based newsletter on Apple Newton and related technologies.
- NewType Gaming Magazine: video games reviews and virtual reality center.
- Odd Mechanics: The Journal of Roleplaying Game Design: A look at the state of game design in the industry as well as the industry itself.
- Online-Magazine: monthly
for surfers and computer users. With Java support.
- OS/2 Computing! Monthly publication specializing in the world of OS/2 news, hardware, software and monthly columns.
- OS/2 e-Zine! News, reviews and opinions.
- PC Multimedia & Entertainment Magazine: WWW-based magazine dedicated to the PC gaming enthusiast.
- Palmtop Magazine The journal for Psion Series 3a.
- Paragon Publishing: home to NetUser, Internet and Comms Today, Windows Plus magazines.
- PC World.
- Pixelfreak: 3D animation, multimedia and digital technology.
- Play by EMail: electronic zine about free play-by-electronic-mail games. Reviews, game openings, information.
- Reality Check Network: weekly magazine that specializes in news relating to underground software pirating groups.
- Rolling Good Times OnLine: gaming publication for gamblers in cyberspace. With news about the industry, trip reports, strategy articles and a collection of gaming-related links on the web.
- Salon: Joint effort of an e-zine from Adobe and Apple.
- Spire: about anything and everything even vaguely to do with computers.
- TBM Games: resource for the serious on-line gamer. Includes reviews, news, demos, links, etc.
- Tech Support Tales: about stupid people and their computers.
- TI Graphing Calculator Magazine: dedicated to TI's line of graphing calculators. With new columns and reviews each issue.
- TidBITS: free weekly newsletter that reports on the world of the Macintosh and on electronic communications.
- Visual Basic Magazine Free magazine for the Visual Basic programmer.
- VrE Online: multimedia, e-zine devoted to Virtual Reality and Entertainment in the PC gaming world.
- The Wasteland: Digest about current happenings in the Role-Playing-Game world. News, reviews, tips, mailbag, downloads, related sites and more. Focus on games such as Final Fantasy series, Diablo, Ultima Online and others.
- Web Developer's Journal: subjects of interest to businesses and individuals using electronic formats to communicate.
- Wing Commander Home Sector Electronic Magazine: Introspection: news on the Wing Commander (WC) gaming frontier.
- WinOnLine Review: shareware
briefs, software and shareware reviews, multimedia.
- Windows NT Magazine: issue contents and editorial on-line.
- The World Domination Playstation: it's the world Domination PlayStation! - The Website of GwD, Inc., the publisher of "GwD: The American Dream with a Twist -- of Lime." The site includes details about the group and links to the issues of the publication.
- Search ZDNet's Magazine Archive.
Search The Flying Inkpot's Zine and other Resource Link Directories
You UTTER Fools. You don't have my zine listed.
I'm going to email the URL, category and zine description to you RIGHT NOW.
Back to the top of this page
Back to The Flying Inkpot
| Inkpot World Newspaper Links |
| InkVault Search |
| Movie Links |
|Book Links |
| The Poetry Page |
| Love Advice from Madame Chantelle L'amour |
| The Letters Page |
| The Inklist: All articles at The Inkpot |