This page was last updated on: March 9, 1998
POP CULTURE (P-Z)
- The Passing Show: Reflections on Life.
- Persica Ezine: sections for poetry, short stories, narratives, prose, art and recipes.
- Pieces Online: music and film reviews by George Poulos.
- Phase Transitions: specializes in science fiction, and on the effect of science fiction on our changing culture. Includes science fiction prose.
- Phos 4: about the web, technology, trends, music, etc.
- PIGEONHOLE: obscure culture, the underground and cult aspects of art, music, film, television and culture in general.
- The Pigeon's Lair: pieces on politics, religion, and other stuff.
- PIM: Public Illumination Magazine: The world's smallest magazine of its kind offers its readers tasty tidbits in words and pictures on a given topic each non-biannual issue. Online issues of print magazine, with list of bookshops that sell it.
- Pitslime Fanzine: non-PC E-Zine which covers Punk Rock and some other crap. Features columns, interviews, reviews, Bar-B-Q, A bunch of other crap, and the ever popular "Hippie Hate Page."
- P.L.U.G.: PSUEDO LITERARY UNDERGROUND GUILD.
- Politically Incorrect: politically-oriented cartoons, editorials, features, articles, & book reviews.
- The PPSA Online Magazine: road trips, photography, satire and commentary on politics, movie reviews and some ranting and raving.
- Practice: fiction, comix, hypertext, and art.
- Prayers to a Broken Stone: Gothic zine.
- PolyMorph E-Zine - Australia: entertainment topics and a few ridiculous things...
- Poop God: sarcastic zine designed to debunk life, politics, trends, entertainment, the whole world by reducing it to basic human functions.
- PPSA Online Magazine: magazine that chronicles road trips and explores various views on politics and life.
- Pressure Point: funky magazine from NYU.
- Private Eye: the UK's most sued satirical weekly not in the safety of the net.
- Q vision Magazine on gay clublife, fashion and gossip in the UK.
- The Quiet Insanity Newsletter: personal zine with surreal ramblings and glaring fonts.
- Rage Magazine: caustic humor, commentary, contests, pop culture, and viewer interaction.
- Randie and the Everchanging Gorilla: a collection of miscellaneous creative findings and artistry.
- Random Access Humor 96 (tm):
humor zine featuring satire, parodies, reviews, taglines, and massive quantities of political incorrectness.
- RANT: Beyond the Peripheral Vision: satire, reasoning, rhetoric.
- RAPT: alternative theater e-zine.
- Reality Bytes Newsletter and Commentary: every day life, comedy, politicians.
- RealPoetik: lively writing in vernacular English.
- Recto Verso.
- Red Dye Number 5: hubris, insanity, panic, travel.
- Reproductive Pumpkin.
- revisited: essays, short stories.
- RiotGrrl: cyberculture feminist 'zine. All serious topics approached with a unique perspective, tongue in cheek, raw energy and no FEAR of the establishment.
- Roadkill Quarterly
- riot in your mind: alternative cultural ezine.
- Ruford Lives On Pluto: literary zine with short stories, poetry, journal-type articles, political columns.
- Sackcloth and Ashes: theological humor, poems, serious articles.
- Sam Johnson's Electronic Revenge: essay/opinion magazine online dedicated to the reemergence of the written word in the information age. Freelance written, without issue dates, with a constant turnover of articles.
- Sarko: bi-monthly personal journal.
- Scriba Communis Responsi: literal art wrapped in electrons.
- Sensitive Skin Electronic Fiction Quarterly: featuring writing by William S. Burroughs, Herbert Huncke, Luc Sante, Penny Arcade, Joel Rose, Darius James, Eileen Myles, Christian X. Hunter, Rob Hardin, Buddy Kold, Maggie Estep, Lynne Tillman, Carl Watson, Emily XYZ and others.
- Shock Cyberzine: pop culture. editorials, fiction, poetry.
- Shock Media: politics, news, satire, humor, shock therapy.
- Sic et Non: Online Forum for Philosophy and Culture.
- Singapore Brain: off-beat collection of pictures, stories and views about life in Singapore.
- SiTH (Sick in The Head): ramblings, thoughts and personal derangement.
- the silence: brings the best emerging writers of poetry, fiction and essays to the Web.
- Sinister Dogmilk! Zine: Poetrymusiccultureliterature.
- Siren: Voices from the LifeSpan: focuses on women and their life experiences. Family, love, relationships, and motherhood.
- skew: Arts and entertainment magazine.
- Skinny Magazine: music Interviews, Out to Lunch comics, Hot Links, HotWired member zone, local art and literature.
- SKRANK: scoops on surf, skate, snow, sound, skinart, etc.
- SKUG: personal zine with movie and music reviews.
- Slab Shredder Online Comic: the story of four misfits' interstate highwaysearch for Brink, mythical founder of the Lifestyle Engineering industry.
- Slate Magazine: online magazine from Microsoft edited by Michael Kinsley on politics and culture.
- Smack Ya Online: weekly news satire, sports, cartoons, other things.
- The Small Press Net.
- Smart: laughing at geeks since before it was hip.
- SMILE: neoism, philosophy, identity, plagiarism, aesthetics, speculation.
- SMOOTH: cyberculture discussed with a vengeance.
- Some Big General truth: nonsense gone wrong.
- Solo's Sanitarium: conservatism, comedy, and social commentary.
- SomePIG!: an arachnoid poezine.
- Son Of Spamm! Magazine: All extreme arts, film, and music interview mag.
- The Sonic Temple.
- Soup's Up Zine: free expression, art, music, religion, poetry, mailart, the Grateful Dead, Paul-X, other zines, philosophy, political discussions and the underground.
- Sour Grapes: live performance reviews, editorials, comic strips, horrorscopes,interviews.
- The Space Cow's Orbit: newsletter that revolves around the happenings of the Space Cow Association.
- Spank! Youth Culture Online: written by young people for young people.
- Sparks: literary e-zine with fiction, poetry, essays, art, culture, rants, reviews, and other such things.
- Speedmeter: prose, reviews, and commentary, poetry, and more centering on (but not limited to) the community of River Falls, WI and the people who live there.
- Spike: literary/cultural cyberzine dedicated to the weird, the wired and the wonderful.
- SpinnWebe: for the Creative, Odd, and Twisted. See the Dysfunctional Family Circus, view the anal-retentive Apostrophe's and "Quotes" pages.
- The Spiral: music, arts, literature, reviews, travelogues, interviews, gifts and more.
- SPONGE!: Simple People Opposing Neverending Gaudy Endeavors. Parodic cult whose bible is the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and whose Lord is Marvin the Paranoid Android.
- Squeal Analysis: periodical of unknown intention. May contain dog pictures, adverts, lists of people who should be killed. Graphics & fiction & collaborative writings.
- Star Wars Ultima: accepts submitted articles.
- State of unBeing (SoB): small literary magazine from young writers around Austin, Texas. Articles, essays, poetry, and short fiction.
- STET: when copywriters go bad (in a good way).
- Steve Hammer's Web Page: award-winning cyberslack humor columns, journalism, links, sounds and graphics from Steve Hammer.
- state51 the hub: british music, news, multimedia, comedy.
- Strange Brown: It's strangely brown with jello biafra, nomeansno, faith no more, beck, dead kennedys, zappa, NIN, bad religion, satan, death, and general ungodliness. Long live thrash-jazz assassins! Bollocks to The Verve!
- STUFF: The Journal of Nonessential Information Exchange for the Differently Intellectual.
- The Sunday Show Gossip
- Suck: an experiment in provocation, mordant deconstructionism, and buzz-saw journalism.
- Surf's Up!: commentary and links.
- SurReview: 'zine of reviews, high-falutin' conceptual surrealism and disinformation.
- Swallow: slack webzine for the other idiots who aren't trying.
- syncope: a brief loss of consciousness.
- Tahoe Country: cultural webzine from the High Sierra.
- Tastes Like Chicken!!!!: The Periodical. Trenchant political, social and cultural commentary with an occasionally sarcastic bent.
- Teleparc: pop culture and entertainment from Tokyo--a bilingual interactive media available in both English and Japanese.
- Texture Monthly: monthly on-line literary magazine, publishes innovative humor, poetry, short fiction, and essays.
- think: a newspaper of literary and visual art.
- Think Thank Thunk: Collection of philosophical fiction and articles.
- ThirdRave Magazine
- thought: poetry, brainstorms, essays, stories, paintings, drawings, photographs, etc.
- Thoughts about Things Magazine: columns, articles, illustrated stories, poetry and ideas.
- TikiZine: a collection of bi-weekly things generally found interesting.
- Time Travel Messages: Ezine (160 weekly episodes) of conspiracy to revise history using time travel. Players: Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, John Lennon, JFK, FDR, UFOs and aliens. (audios provided).
- To Whom It May Concern: personal ezine with several subjects (such as "Honey I'm Home", "Actions Without Love", "Imaginary Friend" etc) where the author talks about real issues that actual people as well as herself go through. The zine explores many different aspects of daily living...including getting through a busy and annoying day at school/work, specific problems, girl/women problems...and general whining and opinionations...
- TOAST: punk, industrial, or just anything they want to drone about.
- Tokyo Rockin': street culture,music,art,oriental philosophy,sightseeing for maniacs,many interviews.
- The Tomb:
cyber-site of slack--news, reviews and exclusive interviews for
those who really know they should be doing something other than
surfing the web.
- Totally Nuclear Entertainment's Atomic Site: electronic version of the now quasi-defunct paper zine Totally Nuclear Entertainment; includes "undiscovered" music, politics, rant, personal, poetry, fiction, events, etc.
- Traffic: media deceleration, corporate dissidence, inexplicable Tesh, fanaticism.
- trahison des clercs: Harpoons sex, love, politics and popular culture. Blatantly biased film reviews, advice from the Wise Woman of the Ages, and interactive haiku.
- The Tripe List: intestinal swine both on and off line.
- Tum Yeto Digital Universe.
- TwentyNothing: by young writers in their twenties.
- Tymon's Tirades: The Angry Editor's Outlandish Observations and Opinions on a World gone Weird: opinions on everything.
- The Tyranny Corps: dedicated to expanding the bounds of what Gothic means. With article, stories, essays, poems, rants and raves which explode the tired definitions of Gothic.
- The U.L. Inquizitor: unofficial, underground E-zine of the University of Limerick, Ireland.
- Umlaut: concerned only with quality beer & quality evil.
- Uncle Fynyx's Rage Page: pagan and occult stuff of whatever interests us.
- The Underground Review: electronic smorgasbord of epiphemera from the politically incorrect conservative "underground. Subjects may include: taxes, natural rights, the American legal system, U.S. Constitution, failure of the public school system, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th & 10th Amendments, privacy, alternative health, IRS/government abuse and various other subjects relating to freedom.
- the undiscovered country: morbid zine with literature, death metal and an aversion to modern
- Universal Citizen: "an owner's manual for your life, explores an unusual and varied array of topics in every quarterly issue, providing readers with practical knowledge about things you’ve wanted to know, or mistakenly thought you already knew. Idle Hands, a regular feature in UC, offers what to do when there is "nothing to do." Required Reading is a book report for adults on all the literature you should have read in high school, and presents reasons for why you should go back and read it now.
- Unplastic News: odd email magazine with a fever.
- UpFront eNteRtAinMenT sTuFf: entertainment news, interviews, stories and other amusements by and for delightfully disturbed minds.
- Upstate 'zine: dedicated post-modern/deconstructionalist graphic design, avant garde literature, with strong interest in the punk/hardcore music scene.
- urban dialogue: URBAN---FUNK---THROUGH---COLORFUL---WORDS poetry, non-fiction stories, music reviews and more swanky stuff..
- uXu: underground, experts, Swedish and English fiction, terror and humor.
- The Valued Customer: "will assuage your capitalist guilt by selling your anger back to you repackaged in a subversive veneer that only seems dangerous. And we will do it all with oily, Hasselhoffian charm.
Verbal Abuse: literary quarterly for the culturally jaded.
- verbosity: politics, computing, music and anything else that seems pertinent.
- Vent!Zine: The Zine for the Culutrally Frustrated. Vent! on issues like pop icons and schools. "Our editors write and you can too. We are a truly democratic
- Venue - A Base For Free Invention
- The Vibe
- Vibrations on the Web: on-line Magazine looking for contributors.
- Virus Internet Fanzine: music, prison correspondents, babes named Otis, cheese, zero glitzy Hollywood live show reviews.
- ViRuS Emore994z9: features stolen sites and other silliness.
- Vision? Nary! WWW Magazine: print magazine that features satiric and sarcastic takes on life.
- Vitamin C.
- Viz: Roger Melly and the Fat Slags hit the net.
- Voice of Reason
: collection of music interviews, reviews, political and social commentary all with a '90s spin.
- Vomit Zine: general humor type zine.
- WebBinch: humor page.
- Webgeist: An Ezine From a Different Evenue: fiction/poetry/artwork journal, with essays and a forum page.
- WebRunner Essays & Opinion: commentary on politics, society and the human condition from a variety of viewpoints.
- The Weekend Update: "the "Donnie and Marie" of e-zines--weekly smattering of jokes, reviews, net stuff.
- Weekly Report: random thoughts on movies, music, and books.
- What's Up
- Winn's World Wide Web Weakly Weekly (W6): Trip through the mind of one Phillip Winn, a fellow with too much time on his hands. Topics from life in a midwest city to why business people think like they do.
- The Weekly World Cruz Online: humor and satire zine about ideological elements and odd lifestyles in Santa Cruz, CA, written from the standpoint of a supermarket tabloid.
- Weird Times: compendium of weirdness, political rants, raves, Paganism, and music, published (roughly) monthly.
- Westerly Magazine: Australian literary and cultural journal featuring stories, articles, poetry and reviews.
- Wide Awake: collection of prose and images exploring the ideas of humanity, society and the inner mind.
- Will Of Nature.
- Wombat's World: the Official site for Wombat's World, the zine of pop culture, fiction and comics.
- Word Heaven: satire, poetry, humour. atire, poems, and an ad for my screenplays.
- World Domination Review: The Journal of Amateur Paranoia: new original material weekly.
- World Wide Mirror: on-line e-zine of politics, satire and current events.
- World Wide Waste: misinformation and half-baked ideas.
- The Worldly Web News: world news, celebrities, X-Files, the computer industry, advertising,
seen from the view of a supermarket tabloid.
- WWWench. Cyberculture, fiction and internet stuff.
- X Magazine: Detroit-based pop culture magazine.
- X-Planet: Brazilian Virtual Magazine; a primeira revista de variedades do Brasil, apresenta cultura, noticias, negocios e muita divers“o.
- XCentrix: fashion, film, and literature.
- Xander Mellish: Short Stories and Cartoons. Short stories and cartoons about young and neurotic
people living in NYC. Includes audio clips.
- Yellow Dog: The Magazine that Blows Your Nose, Then It Blows Your Mind.
- YUSH Ponline: globally-conscious, urban music, youth culture, fashion, arts, entertainment and lifestyle mag-e-zine. Covers street trends, language and politics.
- Zaius: "Post Human Culture
Zine." With interviews, essays, comics, short fiction and a host of other weirdness.
- Zen Anarchy: personal zine with thoughts, raves, opinions.
- Zug: visit the Home of Fishbone's Angelo Moore and more. The WebZine of now.
Search The Flying Inkpot's Zine and other Resource Link Directories
You UTTER Fools. You don't have my zine listed.
I'm going to email the URL, category and zine description to you RIGHT NOW.
Back to the top of this page
Back to The Flying Inkpot
| Inkpot World Newspaper Links |
| InkVault Search |
| Movie Links |
|Book Links |
| The Poetry Page |
| Love Advice from Madame Chantelle L'amour |
| The Letters Page |
| The Inklist: All articles at The Inkpot |